Monday, April 24, 2006

HIGHLAND KISS

I love desserts recipes with liquors, mostly liqueurs. This all started by yours truly, putting my size 10 shoe in his mouth at a house party after brilliantly stating that there was no liquor or liqueur that I could not make into a dessert in 10 minutes or less. At this point a little blue-eyed gal (with a twinkle in her eyes) *very* and I do mean *very* casually said, "Great! Make me something with Scotch" . . . OUCH!!!

Thinking fast (not my best skill), I said, "Hey,I will bring you the best Scotch-Made dessert you have ever tasted to the next party you’re at. (I won’t be going to any parties in the near future that this little vixen or any of her friends attend )

The next day (bright sunlight is best), I thought a great deal about this-- Hey, why not? Scotch is a liquor, isn't it? A lot of reading went into this one, even back to the days of knighthood --those boys knew their mead (and invented kissing along the way, but that's another story).

Armed with this information (and my mad scienetist book), this formula gave birth to Scotch, Honey, Whipping Cream, Almonds, and last but not least, Vanilla (and this all came after great personal sacrifice). I now share with you ,and the world, my very own:

HIGHLAND KISS

2oz. of Scotch Whiskey
6 drop of Vanilla.
4tsp. of Honey
½ tbsp. Sugar
1 cup of heavy Whipping Cream.


Put whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla into bowl and using a handheld beater (or what ever works for you) beat until firm. Gently warm honey (just until it is a liquid), mix in Scotch, then fold mixture into whipping cream. Place equal amounts in 4 parfait glasses and place in refridgerator. Just before serving, warm almonds shavings and scatter on top of dessert.

This is to die for: Enjoy
.


Mad Scientist Notes…………………….
You can use cool whip if heavy whipping cream is not available.
Do not (and I mean *do not*) warm the honey past a gentle liquid state,. If you pour it too hot into the cream, your whipping cream will be dead.

All of the ingredients are to your own taste. One or more can be changed (more or less: me I like lot of almonds). Sometimes it fun to change things around.

As to kissing: Way back in the old days (when a Knight came home from kicking the sand out of the infidels), he would taste his wife’s lips. This was to find out if she had been into his mead. However, another great discovery was made as they both enjoyed the physical contact; ergo kissing.

No comments: